• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Picture of a young Apistogramma trifasciata

fart

5 Year Member
Here is a picture of a young Apistogramma trifasciata
apkidliten_zps151ef2f7.jpg

regani

5 Year Member
Where do you live in Australia? There are shops in most major cities that stock apistos. Send me a pm and I can pass on some info

fart

5 Year Member
Dominant male Apistogramma trifasciata
aptrifmale_zps3fcbe8ae.jpg

Its the bigger brother to the fry form the first picture. Taken over the aquarium after his father died.

fart

5 Year Member
Hi Just a little update, the dominant male of Apistogramma trifasciata in picture above died a couple of months ago, I was a fried that it was the only male i had, but right after hi died lots of "sneaker males" came forward and fought for the top position. Here is a picture of the new dominant male
He is not as blue as the one before, his dorsal fin is not as high and magnificent as the later. He got a lot of yellow in front of his head/body.
Relations with the former is younger brother or son.
aptrimale22_zps7c0a1789.jpg

fart

5 Year Member
Hi aarhud

My Apistogramma trifasciata are in a 120cm long 35 cm high aquarium, with two internal EHEIM Interal Filter biopower 200.

Lots of roots javafern/moss and lots of floating plants, cant remember the name right now.

They live with a group of Nannostomus marginatus (that spawn regularly) and some Otocinclus macrospilus

with regards
RHD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….