• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

West African compatibility

Jason82

5 Year Member
Good evening,
I know this is "one of those questions which has already been answered" but I can't find the answer anywhere. I have a tank with is 6 foot wide, 2 foot high, and 2 foot deep. The only cichilds I have in there are a pair of Pelvicachromis Subocellatus "Matadi". I have put 3 dwarf cichlid breeding caves in the tank so they have somewhere to hide if they want to.

My question is: Can I also add a pair of Pelvicachromis Taeniatus "Nigeria Red" to this tank?

I have a 2.5 foot tank with this pair of Nigeria Reds, and want to cut back on the amount of fish tanks without getting rid of any fish.

Thanks

gerald

5 Year Member
Probably so, if you arrange things so they have spawning caves at opposite ends and there's structure in the middle to create a visual barrier. But you'll still need to watch out, if one pair is not getting along and tries to run away to the opposite end, there will be trouble. I would keep an extra tank on hand in case of social unrest.

Jason82

5 Year Member
Ok thanks gerald. I'll have to organise to put some more wood in the tank to create a bit of a barrier. I have added two more terracotta dwarf cichlid caves to the tank, one at each end. The problem is, the Nigeria Reds have just spawned, so I won't be able to move them for a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….