• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Apisto Triple Red House

ThorinOakenshield

So I acquired this tank from a friend and this is what the little FW nano project looks like now.

8 gallon Aqueon Evolve cube 13 x 13 x14
LED soldered up and made by yours truly ;) The stock light was burned up so I used it as a bracket to hold the new one I made.

Stock List:
Pair of Triple Red Apistogramma
2 Cardinal Tetras
4 Black Mystery Snails
1 King Tiger L066 baby
1 Panda Corydora

abrooks12376

That tank is far to small to house all the fish you mentioned. I'd seriously consider upgrading to atleast a 20l or changing your stocking.

ThorinOakenshield

That tank is far to small to house all the fish you mentioned. I'd seriously consider upgrading to atleast a 20l or changing your stocking.
That Cory cat is getting moved to a 20G Long and I'm going to get him some buddies...they didn't have any more. The rest of the fish are staying put, I see the snails eventually getting eaten by the apistos, and I will obviously move the pleco when it gets larger, right now it's not even an inch so it's fine.

abrooks12376

That Cory cat is getting moved to a 20G Long and I'm going to get him some buddies...they didn't have any more. The rest of the fish are staying put, I see the snails eventually getting eaten by the apistos, and I will obviously move the pleco when it gets larger, right now it's not even an inch so it's fine.
Tetras and corys do best in shoals of 5+, 10+ is ideal. despite its small size the pleco will still stress the biofilter of such a small system. Apistos require pristine water and stable parameters to thrive. I'm not sure they'll eat the snails either?? It's your tank afterall, just throwing in my 2 cents;)

ThorinOakenshield

more than likely the tetras will also get moved to another 20 gallon long also. I have several 20G Long tanks that are well established going with plenty of free space in them. This tank will likely end up just being the apistogramma pair left in there with the snails. I'm just guessing the apistos will murder the snails since I had a pair in the past that would destroy ramshorn snails.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….