• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heteranthera zosterifolia in bloom..!

MickeM

5 Year Member
Nice to find in a planted tank!!

Attachments

• 040.JPG
    040.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 845
  • 043.JPG
    043.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 629
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 696
  • 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 658
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 741
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 610

MickeM

5 Year Member
Haha...!! Thanks skoram...but not anymore.., that was a few weeks ago.. the flowers "bloomed out" pretty fast..
..and then I put some young killie fishes+ Apistogrammoides pucallpensis in the tank..so now I have changed things
a little and redecorated the tank !!

skoram

Even without flowers the tank looked fantastic, especially in the full tank shot 040.jpg. The plant health and mass is what struck me the most. Do you have any updated shots with the new fish?

rr16

5 Year Member
I'm jealous and am now off to check my Heteranthera zosterifolia for blooms!

MickeM

5 Year Member
The period/weeks before blooming, I fed my Epiplatys lamottei + Apistogramma spec, "Bolivia Gold" -pair (probably Ap. luelingi) quite heavily to get the Apistos to spawn for one last time!! Which they did!!.. After changing some water..
So maybe some new water + the change in restproducts from the fishes made the plants start to bloom??????

But I also remember that I had not cut the plants for a long time...so they were wriggling on the surface then... that might also have been a reason why it produced a flower???

Last edited:

rr16

5 Year Member
Thanks. I have some that I've not cut for a while so will keep an eye out.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
But I also remember that I had not cut the plants for a long time...so they were wriggling on the surface then... that might also have been a reason why it produced a flower???
I think that is the answer, when it flowered for me it had grown into a big mass at the tank surface and produced floating leaves, you can see them in this thread on UKAPS <"Heteranthera zos.....">.

cheers Darrel

MickeM

5 Year Member
Nice pic Darrel....!!

and also some quality info/advice to pick up when it comes to "aquatic-plant-growth-knowledge" ...from "ceg4048" and others ....!!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonaldStype

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….