• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

apistogramma

Steen Jessen

My name is Steen, I have been interested in apistogramma for several years. It started as an experiment and the goal was to just breed at least one species instead it ended up with me breding 23 different species of these beautiful fishes.

At the moment i have A. sp. Oregon an d A. sp. Rocafuerte.. I would like vey much to get in touch with other aqauarists who share the same interests

MVH STEEN JESSEN

Larry Rogers

5 Year Member
Welcome to curiosity, fun and impending bankruptcy. I would be far better off today if I could recover what I spent on fish yesterday but I still keep them, and enjoy them, and spend far too much on them.

Steen Jessen

hello Larrry-
The story behind a. blutkehl is that some of my friends found a pair in Belgium and brouhgt them back to me because the knew it had my interest.

They were bought as a. breitbinden but i soon found out that that was wrong. then i showed the picture to Frank Schaffer. and he told me it was a. blutkehl.Even though i manged to breed them.

right know i am preparing somme osmosis water to do a waterchange. which ph. do yuo use wnen you try to breed yuor apistos?

does any body know where to find somme A uapesi near by me in DK, i have been looking for these for many years.

Larry Rogers

5 Year Member
hello Larrry-
The story behind a. blutkehl is that some of my friends found a pair in Belgium and brouhgt them back to me because the knew it had my interest.

They were bought as a. breitbinden but i soon found out that that was wrong. then i showed the picture to Frank Schaffer. and he told me it was a. blutkehl.Even though i manged to breed them.

right know i am preparing somme osmosis water to do a waterchange. which ph. do yuo use wnen you try to breed yuor apistos?

does any body know where to find somme A uapesi near by me in DK, i have been looking for these for many years.
I usually keep water slightly acidic and have found water hardness to be more critical than pH. The apistos I have bred seldom even attempt to spawn in hard water and those that have have turned out poor broods where there was high loss in eggs and fry developed poorly. One brood of caucatoides I tried to rear did not produce a single fish over two inches and none were females. The small males were also apparently sterile as several spawned but none of their spawns produced fry. The same females produced well with males from other spawns.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….