• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A.Kelleri

sorriva99

Hi all
The next week I will buy 1m & 1f of Apistogramma Kelleri, you have some recommendations?
In parte the method of spawning, that, for me are beautiful *-*

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Buy extra female or 2. Sometimes the fish are a bit picky with whom they breed. You can do a search here to find out best method (if there is a 'best method' for any apisto) for breeding.

sorriva99

So i should buy 2 f? The tank is of 80*40 cm with a lot of wood
uploadfromtaptalk1433063880189.jpg

sorriva99

Maybe I will be the first people in my region (might in Italy) who have this Apistos..so they aren't common, and if I can't remove the second female?

Tom C

5 Year Member
...The next week I will buy 1m & 1f of Apistogramma Kelleri...
Please write Apistogramma sp. "Kelleri".
The term "Apistogramma Kelleri" would mean that it is a scientifically described species, and that is not the case, this species is undescribed.

I have experienced that the females of this species might be very aggressive against each other, so if you go for 2 females, watch carefully, and be ready to save one if aggression increases too much!

sorriva99

Ok, I have just talked with my fishseller and there isn't problem with the female..so I start with 2 female :)

sorriva99

Yes, sorry for the name..
A little info..when add the signature "cf" ad the name? When the fish is confront with?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
"cf." = "confir" (Latin). It means "similar to". In this respect 'A. cf. xyz' means a fish that is similar to the A. xyz. The fish might belong to the same species or they might be 2 different, but closely related species. To add to this, "sp. affin." means a fish that is similar to, but a different species. Subtle differences.

sorriva99

Unfortunately the A. Sp kelleri was solded out, I think I will buy A. Juruensis (it's already classified regularly?).
For juruensis are better 1m+1f or an harem?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….