• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Idaho

madilynbo

Well, I've been snooping around this site for a little while. I guess it's time to say hello! I keep a few tanks, but my pride and joy is my 55 gallon amazon themed riparium. I am always messing around with my tanks. I have found this site very inspiring and informative, and I look forward to learning more!

madilynbo

Here is a pic of the entire tank. It's been massively pruned back today. I'm in the process of building a rock-like planter, so it's definitely a work in progress still. :)

Inhabitants include:
A large group of neons (20 or so)
9 pencil fish
Small group of pygmy corydoras
Pair of GBR

Future plans include creating a natural looking planter, drawing some leaves and vines on the backdrop, kicking the rams out and putting in my a. baenschi trio. I'm sure I'll think of more. I'd also like to figure out how to rig up a little fog machine deal. So much to do!

Attachments

• IMG_20150524_190039149.jpg
    IMG_20150524_190039149.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 319

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Nice tank. Are the plants with emersed leaves Spathiphyllum? and Philodendron? If they are how do they get on with their crowns under water long term?

cheers Darrel

madilynbo

That's right on the peace lily, but the other is pothos. There is just a damaged leaf up front that could be confused for philodendron. As for the peace lilies, this is a temporary situation. I've heard that the roots can be left in the water and the plant will do fine, but the leaves should not be submerged for long periods of time. The plan is to construct a planter to raise them up. Nothing is ever complete here. :]

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….