• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pelvicachromis Taeniatus 'Moliwe' First Spawn :)

KHoupt

Got 7 juveniles a couple of months ago from Ted Judy and the largest male and one of the dominant larger females have paired off and spawned :) super excited....they have been awesome first time parents and I'm loving having these guys once again!!
image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 867
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 834

Captain Jim

Congratulations,..!...I also got TJudy's molowie kribs and have beautiful pair that I'm chewing nails for their third spawn,..I think these little guys are top notch fish.

viejo

5 Year Member
Mine are starting to show sex differences & it the ratio seems to be good, Thanks Jim. BTW, that pair of cerastogaster are getting closer & closer to doing their thing,

Captain Jim

I sure wish you success with the cerastogaster couple,..looking forward to getting fry! I still have several molowies that I can't tell sex of.

Larry Rogers

5 Year Member
Got 7 juveniles a couple of months ago from Ted Judy and the largest male and one of the dominant larger females have paired off and spawned :) super excited....they have been awesome first time parents and I'm loving having these guys once again!!
View attachment 4864 View attachment 4865
Most all of the species sold as "kribs" are great spawners when properly set up. They also have the advantage that the fry are large enough to take bigger foods as soon as they are freeswimming. Feed close to the fry so that they get all the food as they tend to move about a lot and seldom return to the same food plot the same day. Other than that minor detail they are pretty much like any other fry. Due to their initial size it is required to feed them more if you want growth but I recommend feeding more often and not larger feedings. Larger feedings tend to go without consumption and are wasted while feeding in close proximity more often insures consumption and growth. If possible keep fry with parents or mother. If the fry are being fed by mother breaking up larger portions or flakes for them it helps kick start their immune systems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….