• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Wirral England

rr16

5 Year Member
No worries. Quite often the first spawns aren't very successful, but they can be.

Water Changer

5 Year Member
Love your tank set up!

I hope you still have the Buddha - a friend of mine had one in her 120 Gallon set up (it was a very large Buddha face) and she swore it opened it's eyes at night! That Face scared the crap out of me, when I walked around in the room I always felt it was watching me - ehhh....

Like you id too, that's funny!

How's you tank going? I'm guessing none of the eggs developed into fry? or if they did... they didn't survive?

Apissedoffgramma

image.jpg
Hey, nope buddah has now gone. I'm quite glad it's gone after hearing that they open their eyes haha.

Nope no fri as of yet sadly

My setup at the moment

Larry Rogers

5 Year Member
Hi my names Marie-Claire, I currently have Apistogramma Agassizii in a 210 litre with 2 Otos, 6 cherry barb, 6 black neon tetra and 1 female endler all are very happy living together :) I would like to put another pair of dwarf cichlids in and would like your thoughts and opinions on which would be the best? I also want to add a school of dwarf neon rainbows and a school of blue eye fork tails giving the tank that South American vibe :) thanks xxView attachment 4769
if it were me I would eliminate the endler,the otos,and the barbs; egg thieves all.. I would replace them with more small tetras and three females and another male aggassizi. you will need to set up five breeding sites and two clusters on opposite ends of the tank for the males to declare as territory. You may wind up with five broods simultaneously.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I.just do not use fish that stress my brooders. Microcorys provide excellent dithers, do not eat eggs and fry, and work well with most apistos.
Honestly Otocinclus are fine, the Apistogramma treat them just like Dwarf Corydoras.

I like dwarf Cories as well as dithers.

I've kept spawning Corydoras pygmaeus (with Apistogramma cacatuoides) and Corydoras hastatus (with Dicrossus maculatus) <http://www.apistogramma.com/forum/threads/whats-your-favorite-dither-fish.10845/page-2#post-91869>

corydoras_hastatus_fry4_web_zpscf2265fe.jpg

composite.jpg

You can see an Otocinclus on the left hand top leaf of the Echinodorus, in the top photo of the composite image.

cheers Darrel

Apissedoffgramma

Well now I have 3 corys 2 clown killifish 4 red striped killifish, pair of guentheri killifish, 2 x pair of GBR and gold ram but my gold ram has paired up with my honey gourami haha. Are black neon tetras ok with eggs?

Larry Rogers

5 Year Member
Well now I have 3 corys 2 clown killifish 4 red striped killifish, pair of guentheri killifish, 2 x pair of GBR and gold ram but my gold ram has paired up with my honey gourami haha. Are black neon tetras ok with eggs?
Most all tetras will eat eggs. Ram eggs are small enough to be on the menu for anything that will take eggs. This includes snails, crayfish, frogs, some types of shrimp, and other culprits that people forget to think about. In addition most tetras will poach fry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….