• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dicrossus Maculatus female on eggs

Swez

5 Year Member
Hi all,
just came home to find my female d. maculatus on eggs.... im really happy about it... they are currently housed in a 180 ltr planted tank with leaf litter. the tank mates are apistogramma baenschi pair and some splash tetras... have attached some pictures ..hopefully there are clear enough...
its the first spawn... female about inch...maybe inch and a half...so still young...
the ph is about 7.5, TDS 90, temperature 27C

Attachments

• IMG_7599.JPG
    IMG_7599.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_7601.JPG
    IMG_7601.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_7604.JPG
    IMG_7604.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_7605.JPG
    IMG_7605.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_7606.JPG
    IMG_7606.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 408

Swez

5 Year Member
Thanks guys.... but unfortunately the eggs disappeared today...not sure if due to predation or the female ate it..... but shez still seen on brooding colours.... Mrs permitting, im hoping to set up a new tank for the pair.....

Mol_PMB

My filamentosus laid about 6 batches of eggs over 6 months or so before any lasted long enough to hatch. Patience!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….