• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. panduro second spawning?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Who's Mugsy? The cat?

My cat, now pushing 22 years, is Fluffulls - a terrible name for a dumpster cat that's taken on foxes and racoons in the past, not to mention terrorizing every other cat in the neighborhood. That's what you get for letting your 6 year old daughter name the cat.

Mugsy is a 13 year old, 16"/40 cm long electric catfish that is my cull fish.

rr16

5 Year Member
My cat, now pushing 22 years, is Fluffulls - a terrible name for a dumpster cat that's taken on foxes and racoons in the past, not to mention terrorizing every other cat in the neighborhood. That's what you get for letting your 6 year old daughter name the cat.

That's how we ended up with a rottweiler cross called "Pudge"!
As for the electric catfish, it sounds interesting! What is it housed in?

abrooks12376

22?!?!?! That lil kitty have any fluff left? That's like 150 in cat years haha

Teodor Macovei

There must be something with your house... apisto's living 8 years, the cat - 22... what have you planned for your 150th birthday Mike? :)

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
As for the electric catfish, it sounds interesting! What is it housed in?

Mugsy lives in a 55 by himself. Malipterus species aren't really that active and are very adaptable to water conditions. They're not very picky about food. Most of the time this fish lives on large pellets and freeze-dried tubifex cubes when not culling small fish.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
22?!?!?! That lil kitty have any fluff left? That's like 150 in cat years haha
He's lost a couple of fangs and some of his hearing (now very noisy) but otherwise very active. Still has to jump about 2'/60 cm to get to his food bowl and he still takes flying leaps from chairs to the mantel. Only concession to old age is we need to brush his longish fur more often because he isn't as good at grooming. Now most of his shedded hair is in the brush and not in a hairball on the floor!:) 22 is old, but the oldest recorded cat lived to be 35. My guess is that my cat will live that long or longer. He's just too ornery to die.:D

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….