• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My kribs

Pisces 56

Those were really pretty Pelvies you had! Just loved their build - well formed. Am anxious to see your new ones. I have 5 teeny-tiny Moliwes that I got three weeks ago tomorrow. Will be some time before they breed. But I like watching them grow. I'm happy for you and your wife you're getting more.

Jason82

5 Year Member
My moliwes died in a heat wave we had a while back. Temp outside was 42 celcius for a few days in a row (about 108 farenheit) and I did extra water changes as well as using a fan on the surface of the tank, and putting extra air stones in. I have since put my adult kribs in my planted display tank. They have the bottom of a 72 inch by 24 inch base to share with some small catfish. My next project will be Pelvicachromis Subocellatus "Matadi"

Pisces 56

Those, of the two Subocellatus, are my favorite.

All my Moliwes died. Some kind of fungus. I think I got them too early for my level of expertise. Think they were still in the stage where their water needed to be changed daily and I didn't realize that.

THEN, like a big dufus-bobo head I transfered the fungus to my 40g breeder. Thankfully I saw it and those guys in there are being treated as I type.

Fish. Can't live with'em, can't live without'em.

Jason82

5 Year Member
wow sorry to hear that. I hate when fish die. Not very often does it happen, but still annoying.
Probably had some kind of opportunistic bacteria in your tank. I don't think you would need daily water changes, unless you were over feeding them?
I noticed some free swimming fry in my display tank yesterday, so I decided to take a video of the pair today

Jason82

5 Year Member
just an update on this pair of kribs
on the weekend I gave the pair to a hobbyist down the road, as he wanted to have a breeding pair and grow out some fry
the pair kept spawning, but the fry kept getting picked off, as they are in a display
I'm now going to try and get albino pulcher to pair up and put them in a breeder tank

Captain Jim

Don't like to butt in, but I'm a krib lover too. Recently got eight T.Kribensis (Molowies) Think I have pair already..Pisces, you didn't lose your new Molowies did you? Jason..would have traded pair of yours for mine.

Captain Jim

DSCN0849.JPG DSCN0849.JPG DSCN0850.JPG Just in front of her on black gravel,barely see about eight of them..sorry best I can do right now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….