• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

laetacara maronii/ aquidens maronii

kris apistogramma

hey guys prob spelt the name wrong but put both as ive heard them referrd to by both any way how do you get them to breed i know a flat rock or bit of wood is best but just cant seem to get them going they have lots of areas that i would have thought suitable ect and fed lots of live and dry food mix over a period of time amongst doing water changes with no luck any ideas?

dwarfpike

5 Year Member
They are Cleithracara now ...

They are very shy. I had issues trying to get them to lay too. It seems even water changes spook them enough that if they are flaring and displaying, I just leave them be. Dithers will help, floating plants. That's all I have, I want to try them again.

I have a few Maronii's too but are too young to breed and are questioning "IF" I have a male & female. Both have long extentions but one is just shy of reaching the tail. They let me know when its time to do a water change as the fins will shrivel abit like a betta. They have a Honduras Red point and 3 Hypobryssecon Bentosi tetras as tank mates. All get along VERY well too. Good luck with yours as these Maronis are a bit harder to find and command more $$$. These are my favorite of the smaller mild mannered Cichlids.
P.S. Hi Dwarfpike!!! Are U coming to the Cartel Swap in Aubuurn in February???

dwarfpike

5 Year Member
Or one of the few times I'll go with the common name, since it's so apt ... Keyhole cichlid. Especially since the new genus name was based off the common name.

Livebearer Lady - Doesn't look like I'll make the Feb one, hopefully the one after though.

Dwarfpiike,
Bummer it's gonna be a good crowd for winter time,
see what U can doo to attend. Your great with the smallish cichlids! Every town in the U.S.A.
should put ine of theses events on! Go Fish Cartel!!!

Iku

5 Year Member
hey guys prob spelt the name wrong but put both as ive heard them referrd to by both any way how do you get them to breed i know a flat rock or bit of wood is best but just cant seem to get them going they have lots of areas that i would have thought suitable ect and fed lots of live and dry food mix over a period of time amongst doing water changes with no luck any ideas?
I've got mine in 125 gl community tank. After I changed water they spawned 2-3 days later. I use in this tank pure RO water, temp ~78 and pH 6

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….