• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma caetei

fart

5 Year Member
Bought 5 Apistogramma caetei today, is there a way to see which Apistogramma caetei I got?

This is not a good photo, its taken through the glass of the aquarium and the bag they came in.
They are still a bit shy, will try to take better photos tomorrow.
acatei.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Sorry, but I can't tell you anything from just this photo. The fish looks small and probably is a female (no stripes on the tail). In all honesty I don't see any features that are truly diagnostic for a caetei-complex species. It looks more like a resticulosa-complex species. The last time I got "A. caetei" (sight unseen) they turned out to be A. sp. Wangenflecken, a wonderful little species in its own right.

fart

5 Year Member
ok, I like A. sp. Wangenflecken already got a group of them before, but when you order Wild cought Apistogramma caetei I did not think it could be A. sp. Wangenflecken. I got five and two of them was small, here are some more photos, maybe not the best id photos but iv been looking at photos i have form the other A. sp. Wangenflecken group and the live fish an i guess you right :(.

What is the biggest difference between Apistogramma caetei and A. sp. Wangenflecken? been looking in some books for clues but they seems to just fly by me ;)

c3_zps833ea670.jpg

c4_zps0936e745.jpg

c1_zps1b0648ca.jpg

c2_zps40fe8066.jpg

With regards
RHD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….