• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma

rr16

5 Year Member
There are a few! What are you after and where are you based?

Ian,
They have Cockatoo's in Orange flash, Yellow flash, Triple reds.
See their Ad on Aquabid.com under "Apisto's: for nice clear pic's.
I can contact them for direct arrangements if U want.
I know this couple well as they home breeders and members of my fish club and have seen they're fishroom in-person, nice stock!!
www.geileraquatis.com
They also have wild livebearers too, P.M. me for more details.

rr16

5 Year Member
Are you after wild caught A. panduro or tank bred? How soon do you want A. panduro? I have fry at the moment but they're only a month or two old so not really big enough to go out yet. Are your tanks set up and everything? What are they like and what is your water like? Have you kept apistos before? There are loads of sources over here if you know where to look. I'm just on the other side of the pennines in Stockport.

peterclarke666

5 Year Member
good day all im unsure if u know me but im peter and im a breeder in the derbyshire area i was featured in practical fish keeping mag back in febuary on my apistogramma breeding/fish room but i always have a healthy selection of rare apistos
1502366_561596473916442_1671265265_o_zps34773fdc.jpg

Attachments

• PFKPeter001.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 508
Reactions: JG
Peter,
Very cool!!! Nice fish room. It would be in this aquaists' best interest to seek you out over my source as I'm in the USA,
We do have a broader source for Apisto's than you, I order from the "Cichlid Exchange" in Portland Oregon, USA which has a wide variety of dwarf cichlids in the hobby. Try Bataquatics.com or Aquaclarity.com for more sources as well in the USA
CHEERS!

IanHill

How far from Chesterfield are you?

I'm only 30 mins away down the M1.

My water is 7.2 and hard, the tank had been set up for 6 months and has a fluval 406 for filtration.

The tank mates are a pair of agasizii double reds 4 German Rams and a pair or bolivian Rams, a bulldog pleco and L201 pleco

IanHill

I forgot to mention the water is set to 25•c and it's a 180 litre tank.

I'm looking for tank bred fish.

rr16

5 Year Member
What's the footprint of the tank (length x width)? I think you'll struggle with a pair of aggassizi, a pair of cacatuoides and a pair of panduro (when mine breed in a 180 all the other fish end up at the other end of the tank). You are likely to have fights, stress and death am afraid. That's before you even consider 4 rams and 2 bolivians. There will be mass squabbles over territory and the outcome won't be good. I probably wouldn't add any more apistos to that tank to be honest. However, if you want to buy more tanks like we all do then they are great fish to keep.

IanHill

Thanks for that, I am looking at getting a Rio 400 and putting the stock from the 180 in then filling the 180 with Malawi cichlids

rr16

5 Year Member
Cool, should be a nice sized tank to fit a good few apisto pairs into. I have a community tank that's 5foot by 18 inches with a few pairs of different species of Apisto amongst other fish!

mixmixi

You don't need to get a pair of cac from USA! Get them either from Peter or tell me where are you and I will tell you who to get them from. They are around £3 each, but peter's are in better form and quality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….