• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

160 litre Amazon blackwater creeky thing!

rr16

5 Year Member
Haha, I'd love to move to the Netherlands but I doubt it will happen! I'll have to get on the lookout over here for A. nijsseni. A shop that gets them in here has just closed down due to ill health of the owner.

chris1805

5 Year Member
Awh that sucks, and well you should consider your plan about the netherlands, we have rain, lots of rain >.< Although i am sure you guys have enough rain in the UK as well :p

rr16

5 Year Member
Here are a few pics of the random as yet unidentified Copella I have (and my camera lens!).

Attachments

• Copella sp. 1.jpg
    Copella sp. 1.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 407
  • Copella sp. 2.jpg
    Copella sp. 2.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 408
  • Copella sp..jpg
    Copella sp..jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 380

rr16

5 Year Member
I use oak leaves and lots of them. There's also some peat in the filter (but it's likely of little use anymore!) and some peat under the sand (only small amounts) which is probably not contributing much. I think it's mostly the oak leaves and bogwood. I usually boil the oak leaves a bit to get them to sink which then leaves me with a nice oak "tea" to add to the tank too.
As for the Copella - not sure if they go for the fry or not, but the parents chase them away. The Copella do chase other fish away though as they're maturing and the males are starting to try and establish territories. There are neons and sailfin tetras in this tank also (along with eques pencilfish and pygmy cories) so the tetras probably have their impact on the fry as well, but the parents seem to do a good job of chasing most things to the other end of the tank.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….