• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nanochromis Transvestitus tank mates

silvestre

Hello,

Im looking for some advice on tank mates for nanochromis tranvestitus.
For the moment i have 1M and 2F in a 85x70x50h(33.5inX27.6X19.7) along with 10 Aplocheilichthys Normani and 10 moenkhausia pittieri, this ones obviously not apart of the biotope but they are very calm and robust so they will not leave the setup.
The tank has alot of wood and many places for shelter, later on i will post some pictures..

The options right now that appear on list from a local import are two populations of Nannochromis parilus and Congochromis dimidiatus, since ive read most of the topics on this section am i wrong saying that would be quite impossible to keep Parilus with Transvevistus in this volume?
Would a couple of Congochromis be a nice choice?

I already kept a couple of Pelvicachromis Taeniatus "Moliwe", but it was on a species tank so...
I don't know what is their level of agression regarding other cichlid tank mates but, can this species be apart of the equation for my setup?

Thanks!

gerald

5 Year Member
I think the tank is too small for two species of Nannochromis/Congochromis. And your spare female "tranny" may have a hard time once the other female spawns. I dont think they are typically harem-breeders. If you have more tanks, you could try mixing species at least while they're young, but only if you have space to move them to immediately if trouble erupts.

silvestre

Hello Gerald,

Thank you for the advice!;)

Because the species mentioned are not that cheap maybe i will take the risk and add something a bit more modest...a couple of p.pulcher to see whats the behaviour between two species in this volume.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….