• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My 20 gal long cacatuoides orange flash tank

Frampy

I figured that I would show you all my 20 gal long. I have a trio of cactuoides orange flash. I am running an Aqueon 30 hob filter, 30" 2x18w t5no coralife light, 21" Marineland hidden led system, diy co2,and a 100w hydor Theo heater. The background is one that I made the caves and swim throughs are pvc ,the background is made out of great stuff spray foam coated with drylok concrete sealer. The plants are hygrophila corymbosa compact, scarlet temple,kliner prince sword, ludwigia repens, blood stargrass,dwarf 4 leaf clover, crypt parva,java moss, dwarf hairgrass, and spiral sword. PH 7.5, A 0, N 0, N 10, temp 78.
IMG_20130730_101939_308-1.jpg

Frampy

I made the background out of spray foam, PVC elbows,and PVC end caps. Some are just caves and others connect as a place for the fish to swim through. It coated with drylok concrete water sealer. It as hard as a rock. Its colored.with quickrete concrete dyes. Mix into the drylok. Drylok is a latex based water sealer. One of my females has been guarding one of the caves and the other one has one picked out as well. The male cruises the tank. All the fish have been using the swim throughs, its pretty cool to see them use my idea.

Dano1311

That my friend is a stunning background, i bought one for a previous tank that was made out of pumice stone, and not a patch on yours, wish i had the skills to make one myself.

Frampy

That my friend is a stunning background, i bought one for a previous tank that was made out of pumice stone, and not a patch on yours, wish i had the skills to make one myself.
Thanks!! They are easy to do just takes time and imagination!

MonteSS

Great job on the backround and tank scaping.

Only prob with backround like that is I hope you never have to catch a fish. Dont ask how I know :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….