• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

best foods to grow on Apisto fry

Dano1311

Hi all, i have reared around 30 cacatoides fry that are now around 2 months old, they dont seem to be getting any bigger, i fish fed on microworms, then moved them onto microworms fed with frozen daphnia/brine shrimp, and occasional grindal worm/white worm.

Am i feeding them okay i feed them three times aday to make sure they all get enough but no one seems to be putting any growth on, i have another batch just come out with mum so wanting to learn for this next batch to give them the best start i can.

regani

5 Year Member
You can add a good quality dry food, they are usually higher in protein compared to live foods so they will help them grow faster

abrooks12376

I've had some for 3 months and they're finally hitting they're growth spurts.. fed frozen bbs and shelled bbs eggs as well at first. Now it's cyclops and omega one flake..

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I might not be your feeding. It might be water management and/or tank size. You never wrote how long the juveniles are at 2 months. How long are they?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….