• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

repashy gel foods question

ErtyJr

Hi guys, today at my LFS they have a section in which they are getting rid of Repashy Gel Foods to take them off the shelves. They were discounted 50% off so I grabbed one called "Meat Pie".

Anyone have experience with this food and it's results? I am currently feeding dainichi food and it's showing excellent results in color. So far my celestial pearl danios love the food. They never come to the bottom of the tank seeing as how I have a pair of cacatuoides that are down there but today they are risking the females wrath, she is guarding a batch of eggs, just to get more of this food.

My cacatuoides are showing no interest yet though, and the male eats anything. But they have never seen gel food before. What are your experiences? I'm very interested in using this for fry food.

Linus_Cello

5 Year Member
The big advantage of gel foods is being able to add medication to it that the fish will eat. It may take some repeated attempts. Try to teach it to eat gel foods so if you do try to medicate your fish through food, it will eat the gel foods.

ErtyJr

Yes I did read a bit about that which sounds promising. I think the thing I'm most excited about is that fry will supposedly eat this as soon as they are freeswimming. I'm trying to get my 1 month old cacatuoides fry to take it now. I'll update with results for them as well as they current eggs that should be hatching today or tomorrow and be freeswimming in a few days.

ErtyJr

Ok so after a few weeks my fry both 1 and 1/2 month Olds and the newly freeswimming are taking their repashy gel foods. I am using the "spawn and grow" formula.

They tend to pick at it, swim away, come back later, pick at it once, swim away ect. They do eat it but it's not what I expected lol. Also my adult male likes it but even he only picks at it a bit and comes back later and he is a pig. I have yet to see my female take any yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….