• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Ontario, Canada

HeatherFay

Hello everybody. I'm thinking about setting up a new aquarium, after about 10 years away from it. At the peak of our "habit" we were running 6 community tanks, including 2 with dwarf cichlids, and one marine tank. I have promised myself that this time I will stick with 1 (ya, we'll see how that goes ;)) and so must choose my favourites.

Living on the edge of the Canadian Shield with water supplied from our well, the water is hard, so I must choose carefully, and of course my favourites have always been the apistos. I don't want to conduct chemical warfare but am willing to work on water quality with leaf litter, peat and the like. Not interested in breeding, so that should make things a little less complicated. I have a water softener system, but will be using water which bypasses that system.

Here is what I'm thinking, for a 30 gallon tank...

apistos - not sure which yet
cardinal tetras
cory cats

All input welcome!

Very happy to have discovered this site and will be watching closely as I research the possibilities.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Welcome to the community! Hopefully you'll find all the answers you seek here on the forum! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….