• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello From the Oregon

plantsNfish

Hello,
I am new to Apistogramma but not fish. I am into planted aquariums and enjoy small fish such as Dario species and other flashy plant friendly fish. I have become increasingly interested in this genus and I am hoping to add a few pairs soon. I am not quite sure what ones I am going to get yet but have a few ideas. I just know I want small and flashy lol.

plantsNfish

I know reading his stuff got me interested in them I didnt realize they were as small as they are. I only like tiny fish lol. Well what I had in mind was A. cacatuoides triple red or super red but Apisto Dave didnt have any pairs right now but he said he had some nice A.agassizii super reds so I got 2 pair on sunday and they got here today. They are nice looking already even while in the drip acctlimation cups. They are going to be lovely all alone in the 100 gallon planted. And with any luck they wont be alone for long and give me a bunch of babies. =)

plantsNfish

Congrats! I was going to get some Borellii's from him. how is his service were you happy with it?

He is to the point in his emails (Thats ok with me) he always answered my questions such as the the grow out tank ph so I could match it and im happy about that. The fish were beautiful and super healthy and I have absoulutely no complaints at all and will buy from him again and reccomend him to anyone. I ordered on Sunday night and my order was sent out the next day. Im in the one day delivery area for the usps from sisters since its only an hour and half from me seattle might be but for sure second day. He is the only one would buy from as I prefer buying fish bred as local as possible so they are in similar water as everytme I buy fish that are raised in hard water states they just dont acclimate well unless easy species and for them I can have petco special order them for me.

So in short great fish, great quality and fast at shipping out. Its a definitive yes hes great. Some people might compain he doesnt use breather bags but Im nkt one of those. They have a purpose but they have their own set of issues such as drastic amonia shits once the bag is opened so unless its a long distance and the oxygen is going to run out they are not a good choice and I dont care for them. I have lost more fish and shrimp shipped in them than not so I like the normal bag filled with O2 for water stability.

Thanks for the review on Apisto Dave. It's good to get a report from other buyers and might be getting a pair of Borelli's from him, but really wanted a pr. of A. borellii Blues instead. He only has Opal. The Wetspot has the blues and I might just have to take a trip south to get some. We're real lucky to have access to these two places Huh...

plantsNfish

Here is a pic of one of the boys granted he is still in a drip acclimation cup and stressed to all get out so I can just imagine the color when he is happy in the planted tank. I took a pic now as I will barely every see them in the blackwater set up with all the wood and plants.

Attachments

• 0417141912.jpg
    0417141912.jpg
    852.9 KB · Views: 324

Iamtechno13

Apisto Dave is the best. I've gotten a number of fish from him now and you will not find healthier or better looking fish. On one order there was a little mixup and he more than made up for it. One of the best sellers you will probably ever find!!!

plantsNfish

Apisto Daves is not a retail store he is just fantastic breeder known world wide for his success with Apisto along with a Greman breeder. He is in Sisters Oregon but sells via mail order. The wetspot is a great store and a must to visit. Be prepared for hours of looking they have hundreds of tanks. I always spend way more than my fair share when there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….