• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My male and female Apisto cacatuoides "Orange flash"

john melling

Hello

Here are two pictures of my male and female Apisto cacatuoides "Orange flash"

Attachments

• 2014-02-12 21.01.22.jpg
    2014-02-12 21.01.22.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,516
  • 2014-02-12 20.43.11.jpg
    2014-02-12 20.43.11.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,877

john melling

Hey

Well finally moved my female and all the babies, (3-4 weeks old) I could find into a 30 litre tank. Just for themselves.

cheer john

Attachments

• 2014-03-08 10.28.04.jpg
    2014-03-08 10.28.04.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 703

john melling

Hello everyone,

Just wondered how long I should keep my female in my breeding tank with the babies?
also if I can put the male in with them or will he be aggressive to the babies\ or kill them .

Cheers

John

krudolph

I have read that the male is known to eat the babies to get the female to breed again........I would keep them seperate. I would pull the female and put her back with the male and raise babies separately. I would keep her there until she stops watching over them. My female watched over hers until last week and now the fry roam where ever they want, even though she is still there. I think they are about 6-8 weeks old?? I will be pulling her out soon and reuniting her with the male. good luck!

john melling

Cheers for the reply,

My babies the same age, put the female back into the normal tank on 9\4\14 and she and the male got back together 3 days later, roughly +/- 5 days to hatch and I now have more babies in the net ;P
Not counted them yet but saw a big group

Dano1311

Cheers for the reply,

My babies the same age, put the female back into the normal tank on 9\4\14 and she and the male got back together 3 days later, roughly +/- 5 days to hatch and I now have more babies in the net ;P
Not counted them yet but saw a big group
Hi John how are you getting on with these? more fry yet?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….