• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Female what?

Gillie

5 Year Member
Local shop has a few of these that came in with wild pertensis, this female is just over an inch long and was the biggest. The owner separated them out so I could hopefully get a male when the others grow a bit more, any ideas?
20140415_043754.jpg
20140415_043536.jpg
20140415_043521.jpg

Gillie

5 Year Member
Didn't think I had a picture with markings, it's not great but may help until I can get better ones
20140413_052713-1.jpg

wethumbs

5 Year Member
Yup, is an Apisto, and not a pertensis since it has a clear caudal fin.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Cacatuoides complex and possibly A. allpahuayo based on what I think are yellow and black patterned ventral fins and the non-zig zag lines through the belly.. A picture of the side of the fish with the fins open would help a lot though.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Does it look like there are yellow circles/spots surrounded by a faint black outline in the ventral fins? Not just a black leading edge and a yellow area.

Gillie

5 Year Member
It took a lot of work for a horrible photo but I think you're right on the id there is definitely some dark markings on the "chin" that I couldn't see before20140421_040126.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….