• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma fan.

Mac

Hey everyone,

Thank you for letting me join this community.
Looking forward to learning from you all.

A quick bit of history. Been in the fish keeping world around 10 years. I am a active member of aquatic community. And a YouTuber for my fish room.

To date i have bred and raised
A. Macmasteri
Currently keeping
A. Trificata
A. Borralie

I am a huge black water fan. And half of the fish room at this stage is black water.
Stepping into the art of bio topes.

Mac

Sent from my SM-J500Y using Tapatalk

Mac

A Trificiata male.

Which unfortunately is sad for me. My prize male got killed by his female.

Originally i had a three females one male. The male and females were kept in seperate tanks because i wasn't ready for spawning them.

All was going well for months. Then one of the females killed the other to. By the time i came in after work to check on the tank i found two females jaws ripper out and damaged. both dead.

Cleaned up the mess and let the female sit for a while. Few days latter shifted her and let her adjust to a new tank and decore. Went well for her.

Added the male. They got on for a few days. Was checking on then twice a day for a couple of days. Came in again after work and she had done the same thing to him as well.

So really gutted.

What makes it worse it could be months or years till they turn up again in nz.

A Trificiata male.

Which unfortunately is sad for me. My prize male got killed by his female.

Originally i had a three females one male. The male and females were kept in seperate tanks because i wasn't ready for spawning them.

All was going well for months. Then one of the females killed the other to. By the time i came in after work to check on the tank i found two females jaws ripper out and damaged. both dead.

Cleaned up the mess and let the female sit for a while. Few days latter shifted her and let her adjust to a new tank and decore. Went well for her.

Added the male. They got on for a few days. Was checking on then twice a day for a couple of days. Came in again after work and she had done the same thing to him as well.

So really gutted.

What makes it worse it could be months or years till they turn up again in nz.

Aww I'm sorry. That really stinks. He was a beauty. Hopefully the pain will wane. Meanwhile, perhaps you should call in an exorcist?

Mac

Aww I'm sorry. That really stinks. He was a beauty. Hopefully the pain will wane. Meanwhile, perhaps you should call in an exorcist?
Lol thats funny. Actually very correct.

When ever i go near the tank all you see is a snout pokes out of the moss and she comes flying out ar you. Flashes then returns to its spot to do it again.

Lol thats funny. Actually very correct.

When ever i go near the tank all you see is a snout pokes out of the moss and she comes flying out ar you. Flashes then returns to its spot to do it again.

Lol well it's sweet that you still have her. At moments I bet you're tempted to "rehome" her. I have an angelfish mama with a similar protective mentality. She doesn't even allow me to photograph the tank. And she flies out of water to attack my hands if I attempt to fudge with the heater or filter :eek:
This is how photographing the tank looks
0723171223-1-1.jpg
0723171226a-1.jpg
0723171225a-1.jpg
0723171225b-1.jpg
0723171225c-1.jpg

I gave up :)

Mac

I can assure you the thought went through my mind. But at the same time I still want to be able to try and make it work. Tank space isnt a issue. Just purchased another rack for as many tanks as I need. So not realy stressed for the space. Just sit back and wait for more to turn up in the imports.

May try the mirror trick on the male and the female for a while in tanks next to eachother to see if that helps.

Your angle is very handsome indeed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apistokeeper

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….