• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma agassizii or cacatuoides

gerald

5 Year Member
When you get to the point where you DO want to raise fry, you'll have better results using fresh-hatched brine shrimp than with flakes and pellets. Also, I would toss in 5-10 soaked leaves shed from trees (oak, maple, elm, ash, gum, ...) to provide a substrate and food for protozoa and rotifers to grow on.

central tanks

I do have some Catappa leaves in the Quarantine tank with the fish for extra hiding areas and tannins. A quick look this morning looks like she ate the eggs as I only saw 4 eggs left. She has been extra protective for like 3 days now so its possible they hatched over night as the pipe shes in has a cap end that divets down at an angle I cant see. So either there is wrigglers in that un seeable part or she ate the eggs, I will lift and check inside pipe today after work, im betting she ate them tho.

central tanks

Well when i got home i noticed she was a lot less aggressive. Checked the pipe and there nothing in it. Looked closely and could tell she was just swiming wherever and not staying near one spot. She ate all the eggs up for sure. My smaller female is in constant hiding and being chased by the male alot. She is smaller then the female that spawned. Might pull her and add her to the main tank early. This will also allower her to familirize herself with the tank before the others are added.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….