• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sold as Algodon II help identifying....

KrazyKoreanRoll

I won these at the big fish deal 5 auction and looking for some help identifying. Any help would be much appreciated.
20170321_204648.jpg
20170321_204612.jpg

Attachments

• 20170321_204612.jpg
    20170321_204612.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 334

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Algodon II is an old 'garbage can' name that included at least 3 species often thrown together by exporters. Your fish appear to be A. cf. ortegai (Pebas), aka the paratype form of A. ortegai (a genetically completely different species; the describers messed up!) and formerly known as A. sp. Pebas.

KrazyKoreanRoll

Algodon II is an old 'garbage can' name that included at least 3 species often thrown together by exporters. Your fish appear to be A. cf. ortegai (Pebas), aka the paratype form of A. ortegai (a genetically completely different species; the describers messed up!) and formerly known as A. sp. Pebas.
Thank you Mike
I actually looked at some past replies you have posted and saw that you said argodon II is junk. I figured if anyone would know you would. Thank You!
I recently had them spawn too and they are wigglers as of tonight so I'm pretty excited!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….