• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Substrate for apisto and other dwarf cichlid tank

Cookie_apisto

I am going to setup up a 40g breeder mixed dwarf cichlids tank including apisto, german rams and checkerboard along with some sterbai cory and some cardinal and I am not gonna keep any plants. Just spider woods and black lava rocks for decoration. I know sand is great for these fish but beside the sand is there any other substrate that is also good? I am thinking of black gravel or Caribsea super nature blue ridge gravel.

Siggi

Hi,
I'm not a very frequent visitor of the forum and normally only browse the 'new world cichlids' pages.
Now, I wanted to post a question and stumbled over this unanswered thread. That's not good.
I'm not an expert, but as nobody else has answered, I'll give my 'two cents', with an obvious answer (to me, it's obvious...)
In a breeding tank, NEVER mix more than one species at a time, specially tetras and cory's, as they most likely will eat all eggs or fry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….