• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto Cacatuoides Paired up with krib :S

What Will Happen? Has Anybody Seen Anything like this before?

• Total voters

chriscarnivorous

Yesterday we bought a beautiful young female Krib, So beautiful the Handsom Cockatoo has blown out a neglected cockatoo female in favour of something a little bit more colourful

heres a video;

I read that apistos cant cross breed before, Its not that the male wont but because the female will only breed with its own kind where as the male doesnt know the differance between female apistos (hobbyist don't either lol) as they all look very similar.

When it comes to kribs going from the breeding pair we had it was the female that was doing the flirting and following the male shimmying, the female is following the cockatoo and is very interested in him.

Anyway with this combo of to very finely bred specimens looks like they could be strangely in love,

i dont think it would be possable for them to produce fry tho..??

samuel

they might attempt to spawn, but no fry will be produced since they arent related enough to

chriscarnivorous

Update: I think the male cacatouides has killed the female, and now still trying to get a egg bound fat female krib in the caves , the female however still dont seem too keen

gerald

5 Year Member
Get some waterproof markers, draw a row of black spots along the top of his tail, and red on his cheeks and belly. Then see if she responds to him any better. |;>)

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pupps

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….