• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Koslowski book(s) & translation

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
For all those who have PM'd me about buying the original book, I am looking into buying copies of Koslowski's book directly from the publisher right now. Once I know the cost, I will pass the information on to you. Please be patient.

Mike Wise

blueblue

5 Year Member
Mike Wise said:
For all those who have PM'd me about buying the original book, I am looking into buying copies of Koslowski's book directly from the publisher right now. Once I know the cost, I will pass the information on to you. Please be patient.

Mike Wise

Thanks much Mike :)

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
OK, I now have some prices for everyone:

(1) Die Buntbarsche Amerikas - Apistogramma & Co. (in German): US$31.00
(This is now ½ its original price!)

(2) Cichlids of the Americas - Apistogramma & Co. (English Translation of above book): US$25.00
To buy this book, you must prove to me that you own either (1) or (3).

(3) South American Dwarf Cichlids (Datz Special Publication in German & English): US$31.00

(4) All 3 books: US$80.00

(5) Books 1 + 2: US$50.00

(6) Books 2 + 3: US$50.00

Postage is extra. In the USA, "Book Rate" postage & handling is $3 extra.

For other countries air mail rates are:

For Canada (via air mail):
(1): US$8.25; (2) $6.00; (3): $4.75; (4) $17.75; (5) $16.75; (6) $8.50
(via surface mail)
(1): US$7.00; (2) $5.50; (3): $5.00; (4) $16.50; (5) $9.00; (6) $7.00

For South America (via air mail):
(1): US$20.10; (2) $13.50; (3): $11.75; (4) $30.00; (5) $29.50; (6) $20.50

For Asia (via air mail):
(1): US$20.50; (2) $15.00; (3): $11.75; (4) $31.00; (5) $29.50; (6) $20.50

For Australia/New Zealand (via air mail):
(1): US$20.00; (2) $15.00; (3): $11.75; (4) $37.00; (5) $32.00; (6) $19.00

For Europe (via air mail):
(1): US$19.00; (2) $15.00; (3): $11.75; (4) $25.00; (5) $26.00; (6) $21.50.

For anyone who has purchaced a book from me & wants to buy one of the others, I will discount the price. Right now I have no way of accepting anything but checks (in the USA) and money transfers (Western Union). This isn't a mony making operation for me. I just want to let you get the books.

Anyone interested in buying any of the above, please email me with your requests & questions at my home email address: [email protected]. Too many people sent PMs the last time & my mail box here at the forum filled & I lost some messages trying to save them.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
when will the offer end?

I only have 2 copies of the Koslowski (2002) book right now. I paid $55.00 for each, so I will lose money on them
icon8.gif
(they are already reserved at the new price). I will order 25 copies of this book soon. I still have a few copies of the DATZ book, too, but if demand is great enough, I will order some of them, too. It will probably be 6 - 8 weeks before I receive the shipment. It will be shipped by surface; air shipment would add $10.00 to the price of each book! I would really like to know who wants copies of the books soon (in the next week or 2) so I have an idea whether I need to order more. This may be the first & last time I offer this, depending on demand. I will decide once they are sold.

blueblue

5 Year Member
Thanks much Mike. For sure, we all know that you are helping us a lot. :)

For all who are interested in the books, please contact Mike as soon as possible so that Mike could decide the quantity and we all could have the books earlier...... my friend and myself in Hong Kong can't wait to receive the books :)

valice

5 Year Member
Thank you Mike.
I am currently consolidating orders from my friends as well. Will let you know by the end of this week.

My friends will like to know what is the difference between the first and third book before they make a decision which to get or to get all. :biggrin:

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Book 1 is the original book by Koslowski. It is in German. The translation is of this book. It has figures, maps, & photos not in Book 3. (See: http://shop.ulmer.de/h9pdZOKRZEbJXO...D2112B12363D2958D5A9C8D929CDE31670D78B2789441 or a poor translation: http://translate.google.com/transla...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=/language_tools

Book 3 is the Datz Sonderheft (Special Publication) that is in both English & German. Its layout (but not size) is more like that of the Baensch Aquarium Atlas, mostly photos with some information. (See: http://www.datz.de/hEIZ2DHAlC1Ql7YN...D2112B12363D2958D5A9C8D929CDE31670D78B2789443 and click in the lower right hand corner to turn the pages.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Zapisto said:
Hi mike will send you an email tonigth
but you can reserve me number 6 at least.

No problem. I have some copies of both right now.

For all those who have been asking, I now accept PayPal payments. Just send me an email.

Microman

5 Year Member
Just got my translation from Mike...
It is indeed excellent and well worth every penny.
Thanks again Mike for your hard work in making this publication available at such an affordable price.
You are indeed a credit to us Apisto keepers.
Mark...

blueblue

5 Year Member
Dear Mike:

A note of thanks from Hong Kong :)

I have got the two copies of books and translations
from your air post package today. Thanks so much
for your help and your translations are excellent!!

Cheers :)

Refael Hdr.

5 Year Member
Hi Mike, I don't understand, the translation is another book? if I get it do I need the original book in German anyway?

The translation is just for the first book right? The datz book already contains an English translation?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Raphael,

The translation blueblue is talking about is the English translation of the German language book "Die Buntbarsche Amerikas Band 2: Apistogramma & Co." by Ingo Koslowski. It discusses more species of Apistogramma than any other book available - including both volumes of "Cichlid Atlas" together. The DATZ book, with which I helped by producing the English translation of the German sections, is an entirely different book. The DATZ book is more in the style of the Baensch Atlases. The species are pictured and include a short synopsis on type locality, distribution, breeding difficulty, and miscellaneous comments. There are also chapters on ecology, maintenance, breeding, and DNA-based phylogeny. It does not go into the detail that Koslowski's book does.

Under agreement with the publisher & author, I have agreed to sell my English translation of the Koslowski book only to those who own either the orginal German book by Koslowski or the English/German DATZ book. I am selling the Koslowski translation with either book, depending on what you want. I will also sell the translation to anyone who owns one of these books.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….