• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Kullanderi

Bruxism

5 Year Member
Below Water out of Montreal, Canada has Kullanderi on there stock list aswell as some other rare apistos. I believe they ship to the U.S aswell.

Ps. I don't work for them I just thought I'd let some canadians know about this because it is rare to see some of these here.

Apistogramma spec. redline

Apistogramma agassizi yellow tefe

Apistogramma eleutheria

Apistogramma kullanderi

Apistogramma spec. blue high-fin king

Apistogramma spec. Rotflecken

Apistogramma spec. D50

Apistogramma spec. D12

Apistogramma rubrolineata

Apistogramma hongsloi

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Re: A. kullanderi, Jeff (Aquaticlarity) brought some in. I hope those who want it right away have 'deep pockets', in the range of $1000/pr. As I wrote Jeff, that a bit rich for my blood - by an order of magnitude.:) Still, I think he got pre-orders for several pairs. Good luck to those who bought them. They shouldn't be impossible to breed, so you should be able to recoup your investments.

Bart Hazes

Re: A. kullanderi, Jeff (Aquaticlarity) brought some in. I hope those who want it right away have 'deep pockets', in the range of $1000/pr. As I wrote Jeff, that a bit rich for my blood - by an order of magnitude.:) Still, I think he got pre-orders for several pairs. Good luck to those who bought them. They shouldn't be impossible to breed, so you should be able to recoup your investments.

The ones Oliver is selling, both kullanderi and eleuthera, are F1 offspring. So someone is already recouping his/her investment.

Bart Hazes

sp. Rotflecken are listed at US$45 each or US$40 if buying 6 or more. I was hoping they would have the distinct red dots on the lower head, like an image in one of my books. However, on a picture Oliver showed me they didn't, at least not at that time, and I didn't want to spend that much hoping they would colour up later.

Tom C

5 Year Member
..... Schwarzkehl has been collected in streams. ...
I know Linke (1982) and U. Werner (1992) both found A. sp. "Schwarzkehl" in small, clear streams.
On my trip to Colombia in January this year, we collected this species twice, in the llanos.
One location was a small lake, the other one was inside this "oasis":

resizeimage.aspx

Luxuriant vegetation and shallow, muddy and quite stagnant water inside, a 4000 m2 mini-Amazonas rainforest:

resizeimage.aspx

but lots of fish. Copella compta:

resizeimage.aspx

and beautiful A. sp. "Schwarzkehl":

resizeimage.aspx

They breed all the time in my tank:

resizeimage.aspx

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….