• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

nannacara anomala

Cookie_apisto

Just bought a pair of nannacara anomala two days ago and here is the male. Just wondering if he will have more color when he get to the adult size? He is only 1" now.

Attachments

• IMG_4063.JPG
    IMG_4063.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 517

Cookie_apisto

dusky base with greenish skinny scale? What kind of food I should feed to help him bring out the best color?

Last edited:

Cookie_apisto

Here is my Apisto macmasteri pair! Commons are welcome! Just lowered down the temp to 78F for them before was 80F due to that I have a discus in the tank but the discus is gone for the trade in now.

Attachments

• IMG_4064.JPG
    IMG_4064.JPG
    915 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_4070.JPG
    IMG_4070.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 775
  • IMG_4070.JPG
    IMG_4070.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 417
Last edited:

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Here is my Apisto macmasteri pair! Commons are welcome! Just lowered down the temp to 78F for them before was 80F due to that I have a discus in the tank but the discus is gone for the trade in now.

The look like the Rotrucken/Red-shoulder Macs of the 70s and 80s, which were a wild color form. Do you know if these are domestic bred or wildcaught?

Cookie_apisto

Is frozen live food ok? For the Mac I think they are captive breed because my lfs told me they are in tap water but I am not sure. They look like wild caught ones? I actually bringing down the ph slowly by every water change.

Cookie_apisto

Frozen food is fine, not quite as good as live, but better than an all prepared diet. Variety is best.

Yes your macs look like a wild form. See my wild mac from 1984: http://www.apistogramma.com/forum/threads/a-macmasteri-redneck.21046/#post-99947). He won 3rd place at the ACA Convention that year.

He look nice and huge! Did yoy breed them? So if mine are from wild I should lower the ph and hardness more faster? Right now I am slowly bringing down the ph and hardness by water change every three days. The ph is 7.4 and kh is 4 right now. temp is 78F

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….